ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-09-2008   #1
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Q: Water pump?

Boy...When ya think ya might feel comfortable with your mechanical abilities, every now and then along comes one of these things that makes you so frustrated ya wanna eat sh*t and bark at the moon!...(Well, maybe not that bad )

(Nuttin' like being sure you've found the (bearing going bad sound) problem and replaced the part...only to find it wasn't the problem...not once, but twice now! ) I'm gonna do as Pete suggested and just run it until there is no question which item is bad. (Only problem being that I don't dare drive it too far from home, in the mean time.)

On the outside chance I need to replace my water pump, does someone (Jeffvette?) know the GM part number so I can look at GM Direct?

IF I don't have it identified by the cruise at Bloomington Gold show (Saturday afternoon, June 28th), I'll bring my stethoscope along. That way, assuming someone else will bring their Z, maybe I can compare sounds of a known good LT5s accessories with mine...[sigh].

TIA,

P.

Last edited by Paul Workman; 06-09-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #2
A26B

Default Re: Q: Water pump?

I can feel your pain Paul. Changing a water pump isn't fun, especially the bottom hose.

On the "outside chance" here's info on Delco OEM pumps I have for sale.

http://www.raptorllc.net/wp.htm

I checked July 07 & GM only had 3 left around the country in dealerships. Probably none left in GM/GMParts Direct stock.

Jerry

BTW, I have any gaskets & seals you may need too.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.

Last edited by A26B; 06-09-2008 at 12:07 PM.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #3
bradslt5

Default Re: Q: Water pump?

paul,jerry has a awsome price on water pumps if thats what you decide . also his gaskets are very good quality. and the prices almost to low .(please dont raise them i need more ). i just recieved a shipment of gaskets that i needed . they came quick and pkged very nicely .inthink he has a email you can reach him with .if you cant find it Pm me and i will get it to you . have a great day
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote