ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-22-2009   #11
BLACK90ZR1

Default Re: NCRS Judging

Kirk, Congradulations on getting the car. I have a 90 Z with 790 miles on it, and it received a 99% Top Flight at the 2007 Charlotte Regional. It passed the PV at the 2007 Texas Regional, and it was awarded the McLellan, with another 99 % score. The car is original, except for the battery and the oil filter. My oil filter did not have the bar code, but it was a Duraguard PF970-C and not a PF 970. I only lost 2 points for it. I also lost 10 points for the service replacement battery. Most of the rest of the deductions were due to not having enough time to clean it after towing it on an open trailer.
I agree with everything that has been said, except I didn't have to take the factory floor mats out, or remove the wheel lock nuts. I took the fire extinguisher out and put it with the Pizza Box, Air Filter and other stuff on a blanket behind the car. The extra points that you get for driving to the meet will not count when getting the McLellan Award. The hardest thing that I experienced was the PV, where every thing had to work, or the car fails. I had to replace the diaghram on the seat air pumps, and the headlight actuator plastic cylinderical bushings. I also put about a 100 miles on it making sure every thing worked right.

Good luck, I don't think that you will have any problem with the judging.

Fenwick Binder

Last edited by BLACK90ZR1; 02-22-2009 at 06:03 PM.
BLACK90ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #12
vettn71

The way the judging works with the locking wheel lugs is:
1. Have them in the bag
2. have them on the car and have 4 standard lug nuts in the bag.
All this just has to be available for judging, not in any magic location, BTW. we just want to see what you have, not that it's in any particular location. All the stuff in the glove box needs to come out anyeays for inspection, so if it's out beforehand, it's that much les work and time. We only get about 45 minutes (60 at tops) to judge any one section of a car, so there's a ot that fly under the radar.

Jim
vettn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #13
HIZNHRZ

Kirk, I assume Tony got everything back together for you. Did you end up using any of the injectors from my 91? How did you end up resolving your cat issue?

Good Luck,
Scott
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #14
kirkstingray

Hi Scott, yes I used some of the injectors, they were fine thanks so much. As for the cat Mark H said not to worry to much about it, it will not hurt the performance of the car. It will most likely not pass emissions though. No big deal the people at emissions just wave the car anyway. Why don't you try to come to the event that day, would like to see all of you guys that day it is a very nice ride. Thanks Kirk
kirkstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #15
robrtr

It's exciting to hear that you are getting your car judged. I'm going to try and make it to the event also. I've got a lot to learn and watching you go thru the process will really help when I try it. Good luck.

Ralph
'92 #225
Black/Gray
WAZOO Member
robrtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #16
kirkstingray

Hi Ralph, Nice to here from you. I would be very happy to see you there, we should have a few of us show up. It's a nice ride up there and we will have a great time. We need to get you in to it. Give me a call or PM me if you need some info. Kirk.
Old 03-02-2009   #17
Dave 90ZR-1

Hi Kirk, I have run two cars through the NCRS judging system , The last was my 90 ZR-1 with 8000 miles. It passed Mclellan judging in 2006 and Crossed Flags in 2007. The Zs judge exactly the same as any C4. The hardest thing is to get everything to work for Opps check and PV. Most deductions during judging will be for condition issues. Be sure any service replacement parts are GM. Tom Barr is the National Team Leader for 90 to 93 and is very knowledgeable on ZR-1s. You can contact him with judging questions. His info is on NCRS web site. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any help
Dave
Dave 90ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #18
kirkstingray

Thanks Dave for the info, I just might contact you it is a learning experience for sure. Kirk.
Old 03-02-2009   #19
RedSled

Kirk. Best of luck!

- Keith, '90 Red/Red #1383
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #20
kirkstingray

Thanks Keith, Why don't you come to the event and bring that nice car. Hope to see you there. Kirk