ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-04-2005   #1
cwmoss

Default '06 Z06 Drive

My friend just stopped by after taking a Museum Delivery on a new Z06. He lives in Corpus Christi and stopped by here (his old home town) and we changed the oil in the new Z. Then he asked if I would like to drive it? DUHHH!!! Let me tell you, it is not only crazy fast, it is INSANELY FAST. I might have to sell my ZR1 and get me one of these BEASTS!!!
If anyone gets a chance to drive one, by all means!!!
cwmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: '06 Z06 Drive

It's fast, but it's not that fast.
Old 12-04-2005   #3
cwmoss

Go drive one and you will see the LIGHT!!
Old 12-05-2005   #4
Jeffvette

I have. Drove one of the prototypes back in July.

Last edited by Jeffvette; 12-05-2005 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2005   #5
Patton

Okay Jeff Schumacher, Not all of us have a ZR-1 on steroids. I have not driven it, but I have been in the passenger seat,...
Yes, it IS that fast,... Insane is a good word for it. Feels torquey downlow like my buddies viper and just SCREAMS at the higher end. However I love my ZR-1 and would never sell it for any other car......................... except that one!!!
Old 12-05-2005   #6
Kevin

Just don't run it to redline to often. I hear the valves don't like it all that much.
Old 12-06-2005   #7
Patton

Ya, now thats one thing im sure the LS7 can't touch, the LT-5s bullet proof rep.
I drove my car like a nun for about a couple months because my tires were shot and I was waiting for my new ones. After awhile the engine started feeling alittle funny, not like something was broken, just different. When I got my new tires, I drove it hard that day, not abusive mind you... just hard and fast! From then on the engine never felt off or sluggish. The LT-5 is not only bullet proof, It SHOULDNT be driven like a wimp! I can feel how it just LOVES to be opened up. I have never had an engine respond the way this one does. My IROC, after being driven hard would feel like "oh thank god thats over". After driving the Z hard I feel like a light reading "Is that all you got Punk?" is gonna pop on in the DIC.

If the LS7 proves to be an engine that can handle a vigorus thrashing with virtual immunity, It will be hard to pass up when they fall into the 30k dollar range.
Old 12-06-2005   #8
cwmoss

Believe me, if there is a weak point in the new LS7, my friend will find it. This is only his second NEW Corvette. He ordered a NEW 1967/427/435 way back then. They put 3 or 4 engines in it under warranty. He finally got in touch with Baldwin-Motion and the engine stayed together after that. He doen's drag race his cars, he just likes to run it on the big end. He was always commenting when he had his 67, " 150mph, ON TWO PLY TIRES!!!" I could have bought that car back in 69 for $2900.00, but being a punk high school kid sacking groceries at the drive in store, $2900.00 was so way out of what I could afford. I was barely keeping gas in and tires on my 54 Merc. By the way, what is that L98 under my name? How did it get there? I got me one of them there LT5's

Last edited by cwmoss; 12-06-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2005   #9
Fort94z

[ way, what is that L98 under my name? How did it get there? I got me one of them there LT5's[/quote]

Has to do with the number of your posts. Soon you'll be up to an LT1
Fort94z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #10
Z Factor

I just watched a 1/2 hour special on the Z06 along with the C6R. The new Z06 is quite a machine.

http://www.speedtv.com/home.php

The details of the show should be somewhere on the website, and the time for the next showing.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote