ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-07-2006   #11
Kevin

Default Re: Nitrous Junkie Stroker cranks

so you are telling me that the parts for the stroker are going to run just under 2100?
Old 01-07-2006   #12
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNZR
Wow, $1250 for a stock modified stroker crank. How does this compare to a Moldex or Bryant for durability?

Hello, and welcome to the forum CDNZR.

It certainly seems that NJ is on to some good prices for stroker cranks.

I assume by your forum name you live in the Great White north?

I feel sorry for you guys up there since we have great weather all year down here, and do not have to hibernate our Z's.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #13
NITROUS JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNZR
Wow, $1250 for a stock modified stroker crank. How does this compare to a Moldex or Bryant for durability?
The modified stock (factory) crank will not be as strong as the Moldex, and Bryant. The cranks we are using for the strokers right now are probably overkill for the power the N/A 415s make.. I would not suggest running an offset ground factory crank for the real high HP stuff...blowers,n20, turbos etc.. but I think the stock modified cranks will work fine for all motor applications.

For an all motor 415 using the welded and offset ground stroker will give people an easier way to build stroker 415s. Going with this cheaper crank, cheaper 4340 rods, etc will be fine for an all motor 415. You will not need the expence of the real fancy name brand parts!!! Of course if you have the money buy the stronger crank...you never know you might want to put on a power adder one day when you get used to the 415 power and want more.
NITROUS JUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #14
WB9MCW

NO DOUBT NJ U KNOW ABT SQUIRTIN...and delivering the "pain" as ron K. likes to call it!!!

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote