ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 03-10-2010   #11
MB ZR1

Default Re: Any Canadian sellers this spring?

Good luck finding one. I found mine in Ont. May '08 and have loved every minute of owning her. Be good to know another ZR-1 owner in Winnipeg. 3 of us that I know of. I'm sure their are a few more.

1990 ZR-1 S/n 1096
MB ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #12
Jeffvette

PM sent
Old 03-11-2010   #13
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv147 View Post
I'd consider going south of the border, but until recently our dollar didn't permit that. Plus, you pay 2 taxes, and god knows whatever else they add on.
Anyone with experiance bringing a car across the border?
Don't pay 2 taxes in Alberta . If you close in on something in the U.S., I can give you the name of a good broker in Mississauga to help you out, does this daily.
Old 03-11-2010   #14
DaveK

I brought mine over from the US 3 years ago. The process was fairly straight-forward but I used a broker as I had been advised by several people that Canadian customs liked to make it hard on the do-it-yourself guy. With everything else involved I think it was the right choice. The guys I used were down Mississauga too so probably the same guys that Ryan knows - I can dig out the details if you need them.

Yes I got screwed for import duties (the Canadian tax) and I got screwed for PST (how can you tax something that wasn't even sold in the country let alone the province? ). Then there were a bunch of other things that were individually small but added up. I stopped counting around $30k (Can).

And I don't regret a single dollar of it! Long live the King!
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #15
Cdn ZR1 95

There was a Green '91 for sale in Manitoba over the last couple years. I talked with the owner a couple times. Last time I saw it was on Kijiji in the fall and it was a used car dealer so perhaps he traded it. Privately it wasn't moving at $22K Cdn and I think it could have been purchased for under $20. The dealer was looking for $23.5K for it. Somewhere around 40,000km if I remember correctly.
Cdn ZR1 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #16
cv147

Thanks for the offers guys.

I have definitely seen the polo green/tan ZR-1 in the autotrader. Actually a friend of mine has seen it in person at the dealership. I would consider under 20k a steal for that car, given its mileage, however I'm unfortunately not a fan of the green/tan! He said it looked great, but its not for me.

That isn't to say I'm picky, I'd love a black interior, but black/red/blue/white would all be fine for paint. Black on black would be amazing.
cv147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #17
MB ZR1

I saw that car on autotrader after I brought my car home. I would have checked it out, but I'm meh about the green/tan combo. I'm extremely happy with my vette.

1990 ZR-1 S/n 1096
MB ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #18
TommyL

I would go south, there are alot more to choose from and it isn't an issue at all bringing a ZR-1 into Canada. Right now there are some amazing deals on these cars and I think at some point you will see them increase slightly in value.

Look here... http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_sale.htm The cars for sale here are for the most part very well taken care of and there is usually someone close to check one out for you if needed. If you have any questions, I may be able to help you out just send me a message at kito@sympatico,ca

Good Luck, I hope you find yourself a ZR-1, you wont regret it.

Tom Little

TommyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #19
cv147

Thanks for the advice,

I'd be fine with going wherever the best deal is. Although it would still have to be significantly cheaper in the US to make up for the two taxes and assorted other costs. All that could be a deal breaker given my limited budget.
cv147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #20
TommyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv147 View Post
Thanks for the advice,

I'd be fine with going wherever the best deal is. Although it would still have to be significantly cheaper in the US to make up for the two taxes and assorted other costs. All that could be a deal breaker given my limited budget.
I can't remember exactly but when I imported my 93 from the US I paid the book value taxes. The book value on a 1990 if they even have a value on cars that old would be very little. What cost me the most was having it shipped in an enclosed trailer but it was still a good deal and I couldn't even locate a 1993 40th in Canada let alone find one for sale. If you find a nice low mile Z, the cost of purchasing one in the US, paying the tax and shipping should still be cheaper then buying one in Canada. They seem to be higher priced here for some reason.
TommyL is offline   Reply With Quote