ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 10-18-2013   #61
Schrade

Default Re: 1990 Throttle hesistation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
By request. I split the threads. GC
Thanks for breakin' 'em up; I bet that was a pain sorting out...

Maybe too much to ask and hit the road and help me wrench a little here???
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #62
GOLDCYLON

Lol if you were in AZ I'd bring the Tech 1 as well. Yeah NC is a little far. GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #63
XfireZ51

If that's idle, I think your TPS VOLTAGE is too high.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #64
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
If that's idle, I think your TPS VOLTAGE is too high.
Idle TPS voltage was good there Dominic - about .54 - I had just calibrated a few weeks ago, when I started this investigation http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20793.

1.6V is where the hesitation and lope kicked in, and voltage jumped from 1.6 - 2.4, in sync with the lope. Could NOT get smooth rpm increase at that point in throttle upswing.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 10-18-2013   #65
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Idle TPS voltage was good there Dominic - about .54 - I had just calibrated a few weeks ago, when I started this investigation http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20793.

1.6V is where the hesitation and lope kicked in, and voltage jumped from 1.6 - 2.4, in sync with the lope. Could NOT get smooth rpm increase at that point in throttle upswing.
Well, looking at your vid it says .61v. I'm inferring the vid is at idle.
Old 10-18-2013   #66
Schrade

Quote:
Well, looking at your vid it says .61v. I'm inferring the vid is at idle.
I'll double check the recording there Dominic, and re-calibrate at re-assembly of course... Maybe I missed something there... (or maybe I got one or 2 things, and missed the rest ).

If I could send the last recording I made, I think someone with DM could see something, even tho' I had some of the wrong parameters set for monitoring...

If there had just been ONE CODE - even a History one...

Last edited by Schrade; 10-18-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-21-2013   #67
Schrade

Is there a vacuum issue potentially with the CC cover / seal? If there is vacuum there, and it's leaking, what would be the manifestations?

Hesitation perhaps???

Old 12-09-2013   #68
Schrade

Default Re: Where has my DM log data saved to?

ed.:
I'm gonna' solve this Mother&^%$ !!!

OK here; we left off of this 'Hesitation' thread @ spark plugs and wiring. That's when the Top End Re-finish work started.

So spark plugs are replaced (along with a little ancillary top end housework )

Next in the FSM diagnostic for 'hesitation' is the chip - see below.

With Marc's chip installed, for high idle coast-down and lower temps trigger, and then his re-coded chip for secondary vacuum deletion, I can count THAT step OFF as well - CORRECT?

So that takes me to TPS function test again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
ANyone else? Any comments on the vid?

Well, maybe at a standstill on DM, so let's get in from another angle here. We'll take special note for variables in common with Cruise Control surging...

Codes. Just like cops. Can't get one when you need one.

'Hesitation' is about a perfect description...

I did static fuel pressure, and leakdown time, when I got it last year (didn't do dynamic pressure test tho'); let's start over here

Last edited by Schrade; 10-19-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-10-2013   #69
XfireZ51

Chuck,

What happened to the high idle issue? Has that been addressed because I thought you had determined secondary blades were off?
With the "hesitation" when does it happen? Just off idle? At small accelerator changes?
Old 12-10-2013   #70
Schrade

Quote:
Chuck,

What happened to the high idle issue? Has that been addressed because I thought you had determined secondary blades were off?
With the "hesitation" when does it happen? Just off idle? At small accelerator changes?
I still have the restrictor gasket in place.

Starting is MUCH quicker now, than before the top end cleanup began. Cleaned up electricals and contacts, and dirt removal, and injector nozzle cleanup has made a significant difference.

OL and CL idle quality is flawless (can't even tell when it goes CL), and will obviously make for easier diagnosis of the hesitation issue, which has NOT changed.

New vid just now (uploading to Y/T). Erratic response starts @ :26. It's hard to slowly raise throttle by hand...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsKFOiNpLXk

IMMEDIATELY when throttle comes off idle, it becomes erratic, until 'around' 950 rpms / ? exact TPS volts / ? exact % Throttle Opening, then it's smooth again.

If I can get 'the factor' at it's critical point - that is, where the increase is pushed 'over it's response edge', it should stick out in the DataMaster histogram.

I need some way of MECHANICALLY increasing the throttle, in TINY increments, to get to 'the factor's threshhold'. The idle stop screw would be perfect, but it's too difficult to access, with all the components in place...

RPM Transmissions gave a listen to the buzzing TPS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujg7xtlC38

and said it's normal for the Fluid Pressure Control solenoid to buzz, and probably isn't related to the hesitation coming off of idle.

Last edited by Schrade; 12-10-2013 at 03:36 PM.