ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Mid-Atlantic Region

Old 02-07-2009   #1
ZRGator

Default Update on NCM?

Can I get an update on the trip to the NCM? I now have my ZR-1 Net Registry membership and I'm looking to plan this trip!
ZRGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #2
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Update on NCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRGator View Post
Can I get an update on the trip to the NCM? I now have my ZR-1 Net Registry membership and I'm looking to plan this trip!
We plan on leaving Wednesday May 13th in the morning (time TBD, but plan early)

Put on your driving gloves!

ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #3
ZRGator

I need a little more info than that, please. Where do I go to register? At what hotel.motel is the ZR-1 gang foing to? There was a mention of a group discount? Special deal from the museum, tour of the GM plant? Anybody have the web site to go to and register? Thanks all.
Old 02-08-2009   #4
Jeffvette

All info can be found here.

http://zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_gathering.htm
Old 02-10-2009   #5
ZR-1nce removed

Quote:
I need a little more info than that, please. Where do I go to register? At what hotel.motel is the ZR-1 gang foing to? There was a mention of a group discount? Special deal from the museum, tour of the GM plant? Anybody have the web site to go to and register? Thanks all.

I booked my room yesterday and there was only 1 room available in the NCM block. I did manage to get a room, but at a different rate. The reservation lady said that they were almost full, so don't wait much longer to make your reservation. Really looking forward to this trip!!! Congrats to Jim (QB93Z) for getting my Dad to actually drive his ZR-1 instead of towing it this year!
ZR-1nce removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #6
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR-1nce removed View Post
I booked my room yesterday and there was only 1 room available in the NCM block. I did manage to get a room, but at a different rate. The reservation lady said that they were almost full, so don't wait much longer to make your reservation. Really looking forward to this trip!!! Congrats to Jim (QB93Z) for getting my Dad to actually drive his ZR-1 instead of towing it this year!
I thought your dad was going to lead the pack and set a blistering pace so that we make it to BG for Happy Hour.

Glad that your reservations are set up. It will be a great trip and event. I have heard from a lot of people from our area who will be going this year.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #7
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

if anyone wants to stay @ the Holiday Inn and didn't make a reservation, please Private Message me or email me.

Old 02-11-2009   #8
ZRGator

Dave...I'm in at the Holiday Inn. Your tip worked but I had to settle for a king suite (whatever that is)...so next is to get set up with the museum and the events. Is there a deal on a family membership ($100.00) if you're with the ZR-1 Net?

BTW, group, kudos to QB93Z and ZZZZR1 for helping me (helping? heck it was more like I wiped the car down while they did all the work) put on a new rear window gasket, change the oil and fix my driver's side power window. QB93Z worked in that window for probably an hour and when he was done it wouldn't work. So he suggested that the alternative plan was to do a Tennessee turn-around before any tolls on the way to BG and back though the toll booths. But then, after we gave up because the darn thing just wasn't working, I got in the car to back it down off the ramps just as Jim was putting his wife's car in the garage and I tried the window and it worked! So I lowered the window and said, "Hey Jim". He did a Johnny Carson double take because it didn't hit him at first that I was yelling through the open window. A funny moment, guess you had to be there. So that's the mark of a good technician....fixed the problem and didn't know that he did. Thanks Jim and Dave for one of the best afternoons I've had in a long time.
Old 02-11-2009   #9
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

[quote=ZRGator;54415]Dave...I'm in at the Holiday Inn. Your tip worked but I had to settle for a king suite (whatever that is)...so next is to get set up with the museum and the events. Is there a deal on a family membership ($100.00) if you're with the ZR-1 Net?

Yes there is a deal on family membership

you are a member of the ZR1netregistry and you get 25% off the family membership.... Also you get a discount on every activity (most) @ the Gathering this year. End up saving $$$ in the end (even with the membership).

Looking forward to going!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you are set to go
Old 02-11-2009   #10
QB93Z

Quote:
..... But then, after we gave up because the darn thing just wasn't working, I got in the car to back it down off the ramps just as Jim was putting his wife's car in the garage and I tried the window and it worked! So I lowered the window and said, "Hey Jim". He did a Johnny Carson double take because it didn't hit him at first that I was yelling through the open window. A funny moment, guess you had to be there. So that's the mark of a good technician....fixed the problem and didn't know that he did. Thanks Jim and Dave for one of the best afternoons I've had in a long time.
Yes it was a fun and successfull afternoon. The window fixed itself, but it was in my garage so I will claim credit.

Glad you are getting set up for the ZR-1 Gathering. It will be a great time. I was so busy last year that I never got a factory tour. That is on my agenda for this year.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote